In March we celebrate Women's History Month. This is a time for reflecting on those women who have stood for change to create a better life for all, and who we recall in our hearts as courageous and strong.
We also reflect on the women in our own lives, and search for ways to express the strength and wisdom of those before us, as well as contemporary women.
Here are some of my favorite quotes by famous women to celebrate Women's History Month:
1. "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank
2. "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~ Mother Theresa
3. "The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain." ~ Jennifer Anniston
4. "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
5. "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings." ~ Maya Angelou
6. "A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself." ~ Loretta Young
7. "Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads." ~ Erica Jong
8. "As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around." ~ Oprah Winfrey
9. "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." ~ Janis Joplin
10. "When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others." ~ Peace Pilgrim
11. "If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain." ~ Dolly Parton
12. "We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty." ~ Mother Teresa
13. "It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union." ~ Susan B. Anthony
14. "Each has his past shut in him like the leaves of a book known to him by heart and his friends can only read the title." ~ Virginia Woolf
15. "We are all pencils in the hand of God writing love letters to the world." ~ Mother Theresa
16. "You are unique, and if that is not fulfilled then something has been lost." ~ Martha Graham
17. "Old age is no place for sissies." ~ Bette Davis
18. "You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back." ~ Barbara De Angelis
19. "Sometimes questions are more important than answers." ~ Nancy Willard
20. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
I hope you've enjoyed these quotes by famous women in celebration of Women's History Month.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Women Interests And Issues
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
Of every four women that go to college, one will be sexually attacked. Isolated from their safe home environment, young women can be victims of assault, theft and rape. Late night study hours can make them more vulnerable to attack as they move from study hall to the library or a restaurant.
The current age of retirement for women in the UK is 60, whereas the current retirement age for men is 65. However, the retirement age limit increased from 2010, so that by 2020, it will be 66 years. A study shows that 26 per cent of women retiring this year will have an annual income of less than 10,000 pounds when they stop working. On the other hand, only 12 per cent of men retiring this year will have to live on less than 10,000 pounds in a year.
Summer is coming up. It is a season that people will spend more time outdoors during such as travelling to the beach and picnic with friends or families. There are many interesting parties will occur in summer. Lots of girls try to lose weight before summer comes so as to look much beautiful or slimmer in summer dress. However, losing weight is really a tough thing. Though more and more people agree that confidence will make them look much more beautiful, jimpness is still part of a woman's life.
in Women Interests And Issues