A good number of the people with cars in the United States have their own radar detectors. Their reason is that they feel that the speed limit at present is very low. Most of the American people are not satisfied with moderate speed while driving. They want to be the fastest driver on the road as well as get to the places they're going in record time; they want to be always in the race.
The radar detector serves as their alarm whenever there are police near them. Once the radar detector alarm sounds, they can ease off the gas and slow down their speed.
Because of the radar detectors being known to every motorist, cops are hiding, in alleyways or behind bridges in order to avoid being detected by the radar detectors.
Motorists on the other hand are being clever themselves, they are aware of these techniques from the police, so more enhanced, top-dollar detectors have entered the market.
Though the policemen are always improving their chances of catching the radar detector users, they are unable to make the streets of the United States radar detector-free.
Radar detectors are legal in many cities and states in the United States. But this does not mean that radar detector units are legal in all of the states in the US.
Here are some of the states that deem radar detectors illegal:
1. The usage of radar detectors are prohibited in the Commonwealth of Virginia. They have laws banning the use of radar detectors. Not only are radar detectors illegal to use in Virginia, they are also illegal to have in the vehicle.
2. Radar detectors and radar jammers are illegal in the District of Columbia. The passing of their laws to ban the use of radar detectors was set in 1995.
3. In Illinois, radar detectors are only regulated in commercial vehicles of over 26,001 pounds.
4. On US military bases, they are legal to have but illegal to use.
5. Radar jammers are illegal in the states of Utah, California, Oklahoma, Colorado and Nebraska.
6. Radar detectors are not specifically regulated, but things hanging from windshields are not permitted in the state of Minnesota.
7. For motor vehicles over 18,000 pounds and any other commercial motor vehicles over 10,000 pounds in New York, radar detectors are illegal.
And other states that prohibit the use of radar detectors are the following:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- Mew Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
The state of Connecticut on the contrary has cancelled its anti-radar detector law in 1998 which make this radar detector now legal in this state.
There has been a recent spate of robberies in our area recently, and I have suffered with valuable being stolen. Many friends who are hunters and sportsmen have been robbed too. Luckily I had my valuables and guns in a locked and secure safe.
Having a secure option for storing your valuables and sporting goods shouldn't be under-estimated. As well as giving you peace-of-mind your insurance company will be happier and give you a smaller premium to pay, and that will make you happier too.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Automotives
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
In the US, the windshields replacement industry is big business. You should strive to understand a few of the replacement and repair resins that are for sale on the market. In the event that your windshield is broken, you should undertake replacement or repairs as quickly as possible as auto windshield replacement and repair is about the safety from the vehicle owner along with other road users.
Most fleet managers know that vehicle maintenance takes two forms: Scheduled and Unscheduled. In the same way that regularly scheduled health checkups can detect and fix minor medical problems before they become big ones, scheduled preventive maintenance can help prevent, detect, and repair small problems before they become serious and expensive issues.
Vehicle maintenance and management are one of the most critical issue that we tend to deal with each day. Car glass if the most vulnerable element of the vehicle that is subjected to increased risk of breakage. For the instant repairs of the car glass it is essential that you hire the experts who can help you with the efficient repairing and repair of glass.