A common cold is related with the condition of inflammation of the upper respiratory tract which is caused by the infection with common cold viruses. It is also known as acute coryza. In comparison to other disease the occurrence of common cold is frequent. Any person may suffer from the problem of common cold several times in a year. It generally lasts from 3-10 days. The first three days for the patients are very miserable.
Some of the causes of common cold -
1. A common cold may be the result from exposure to the virus. The intensity of the common cold depends upon the health of a person and also on environmental factors.
2. It may be the result of low vitality, lack of sleep, mental depression, fatigue and due to some factors like sudden changes in temperature, dust, and other irritating inhalations contributes to the causes of common cold.
Some of the important symptoms of common cold are sneezing, chills, mild fatigue, headache, achy bones and muscles, sore throat, stuffy and runny nose, scratchy and tickly throat, low grade fever, watering eyes and also watery discharge from nose which thickens and turns yellow or green.
The problem of common cold can be easily treated with the help of natural remedies. Some of the popular and effective natural remedies -
1. For common cold lemon is very important remedy. It is very effective and beneficial in different types of cold with fever as it contains vitamin C that increases body resistance, decreases toxicity and reduces the duration of illness also.
2. To reduce the severity of the cold, the soup of garlic is an old remedy. It must be taken at least once in a day. You can prepare soup by boiling 3-4 chopped cloves in a cup of water. It is very effective in reducing the symptom of common cold as garlic contains the properties of antiseptic and antispasmodic and also several other medicinal virtues. The oil present in the garlic helps to open up the respiratory passages. Take five drops of garlic oil and combine it with a teaspoon of onion juice and dilute in a cup of water and if this solution is taken 2-3 times a day then it will give an effective result in curing the problem of common cold.
3. The other excellent remedy for common cold is ginger. Boil approximately 10 grams of ginger which is cut into small pieces in a cup of water. After that strain it and add a teaspoon of sugar in it. Drink this decoction hot.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Influenza Flu
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
According to US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 35 to 50 million people fall prey to influenza during the flu season (November to March), every year. Viral in nature, influenza is a respiratory disease that is highly contagious. In the year 1918, nearly 100 million people died in the influenza pandemic that spread across the world, including remote regions in the arctic and the pacific islands. It was the worst natural disaster the world ever saw.
While you hardly notice someone sneezing, the virus can transfer to you until you realize you already have colds. The common cold is actually most contagious since they easily spread from one individual to another. It is called this way because it is most recurring and common of all diseases.
Influenza is a type of viral infection which should not be taken lightly as it affects the respiratory system. Symptoms include aching muscles, fever and headache and more. Since it is viral, it can spread from one person to another which is why, doctors will advice a healthy life, diet and ways to avoid it.
in Influenza Flu