Ask any woman who's had a baby and they'll tell you it is the most rewarding experience of their lives. However, after months and months of spending your entire day with an infant, you begin to feel as though you are losing touch with the adult world, particularly if you are accustomed to a fast-paced work life.
Nowadays, many women put their careers first and wait until later in life to bear children. This transition from professional work to home life can be a surprisingly difficult transition. For most women, staying at home is about as different from their previous careers as you can imagine. Life at home can also be a shock because so many professional women never thought they'd end up there, couple that with the disappearance of the "extended family" and many stay-at-home-moms deal with feeling lonely.
After losing their colleagues at work, women often feel friendless and alone as they get used to their new job at home. Unless an effort is made to get out and meet people, mothers at home face days on end with no one to talk to but young, uncommunicative children. Without regular adult interaction, stay-at-home mothers may also feel as though they are losing their edge. Others may sense their intellect is slipping away from a lack of use. In some cases, isolation can make mothers feel so psychologically depleted they find it hard to cope with anything.
When you spend every waking moment of every day with your kids, the quantity of time you spend with them actually diminishes the quality of the time you get to share with them. I discovered that one profitable way to channel my energy was to start my own online business selling high-quality children's clothing. I was amazed at how this process helped to keep my mind sharp which in turn improved the quality of time I spent with my children. After spending several months developing a website and locating a supplier Best Dressed Tots became a reality.
Here are 6 Tips to Help Maintain Your Sanity:
1. Find a project to help channel some of your energy to keep your mind
sharp. (This is the most important tip!) This will improve the quality of time you spend with your family.
2. Enroll into a course or class of interest. Taking a business class or seminar at your local college or community center can help sharpen your skills and provide the interaction you need to stay productive. Look into online options if getting out of the house is impossible.
3. Join a local gym or find a mother-toddler exercise class to help maintain your physical health. Exercise is crucial to your overall well being and will help break up the monotony of a long day home with the kids.
4. Stay connected by creating a blog. Today thousands of women write blogs that pivot on a variety of subjects. Blogging about your new experiences as a mother is a great way to express your thoughts and opinions.
5. Check into the events being held at your local library. Many local libraries offer a variety of classes, seminars, and shows for mothers and children to attend. You'll be surprised at the range and quality of events your library may have available for free!
6. Occupy yourself with journal writing. This simple practice only requires a pencil and a notepad and will provide you with endless benefits.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Women Interests And Issues
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
Of every four women that go to college, one will be sexually attacked. Isolated from their safe home environment, young women can be victims of assault, theft and rape. Late night study hours can make them more vulnerable to attack as they move from study hall to the library or a restaurant.
The current age of retirement for women in the UK is 60, whereas the current retirement age for men is 65. However, the retirement age limit increased from 2010, so that by 2020, it will be 66 years. A study shows that 26 per cent of women retiring this year will have an annual income of less than 10,000 pounds when they stop working. On the other hand, only 12 per cent of men retiring this year will have to live on less than 10,000 pounds in a year.
Summer is coming up. It is a season that people will spend more time outdoors during such as travelling to the beach and picnic with friends or families. There are many interesting parties will occur in summer. Lots of girls try to lose weight before summer comes so as to look much beautiful or slimmer in summer dress. However, losing weight is really a tough thing. Though more and more people agree that confidence will make them look much more beautiful, jimpness is still part of a woman's life.
in Women Interests And Issues