Asthma is the condition in which lungs are inflamed and airway swells to block the passage. Kids suffering from asthma attack may feel breathlessness, tightness, cough and whistling sound on breathing. The sensitive airway tightens the muscles of the respiratory tract and it reduces the amount of air passing through the lungs. It can affect anybody from a kid to adult. According to certain research, it has been found that people who consume greater amount of vitamin C, Vitamin E, magnesium, flavonoids, selenium, omega 3 fatty acids and beta carotene suffer less from asthma. Kids who ate more of Mediterranean diet which included a number of apples, grapes, nuts and tomatoes suffered less from asthma.
The cases of asthma have risen in the last three decades and researchers believe the change in diet and environmental conditions has a direct effect on asthma triggers. In children a number of food products can trigger an attack. It is assumed that if the body is not provided with all the needed nutrients the body is more susceptible to the attacks of certain respiratory viruses and it can trigger asthma.
Certain foods products which can trigger an attack are
1. Food which contains benzoates, gallates and sulphites and food prepared from certain coloring agents or beer or wine can trigger the attack. It is advised to avoid alcohol and stop smoking to prevent it.
2. Cow's milk, fish, eggs, cereals, soy and nuts can also trigger allergic reactions.
3. Certain food products which can help in thinning the mucus in the respiratory track include garlic, hot mustard and onions.
There are certain food products which contain anti inflammatory properties such as fatty fish, onion and fruits which contain Vitamin C can also be included in the diet. The diet for asthma must include the following
1. Take a diet rich in vitamin B and magnesium.
2. Take a good amount of green leafy vegetables, pulse, sunflower seeds, figs and broccoli.
3. One should try to find out the food items which may trigger an asthmatic attack and avoid it.
4. One should take small meal at one time and take meals many times in a day. Take more of fat, proteins and carbohydrates to stay healthy.
5. Vitamin A found in carrots, broccoli, winter squashes, and pumpkin should be included in the diet because it contains a good amount of beta carotene. The color of these vegetables comes from beta carotene and more the color more is the content of beta carotene.
6. Vitamin B6 is needed to improve the immunity of the body and to get the needed strength. It is helpful in the production of hemoglobin and it is found in legumes, whole grains, cereals, fish, meat, nuts and breads.
7. Take a good amount of vitamin C which is found in fresh fruits and vegetables. One can include apples, avocadoes, melons, blueberries, peaches and kiwifruits to get a good amount of vitamin C.
8. Corn, germ, spinach and green leafy vegetables can be taken. Zinc is found in almonds, peanuts and mixed nuts and it can be included in diet.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Asthma
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
Respiratory related health issues are on the rise in the United States. Experts link these illnesses to various causes from pollution to smoking, but one thing is clear: it is on the verge of becoming an epidemic. One very common respiratory illness that is found in both adults and children alike is asthma. The number of asthma cases in the United States is soaring, and there are no signs of any stabilizing. On a campaign to fight back, experts are relying on not only treating asthma, but also putting a focus to better monitor it as well.
Asthma is the most commonly heard respiratory disorder that can affect any person irrespective of age and gender. Millions of people throughout the world are chronic sufferers of this disease. The disease can be kept in check through proper treatments and in mild cases it subsides with time. In this disease the air passages or tubes that facilitate the oxygen flow in and out of lungs gets inflamed causing severe breathing difficulties leading to spasm in the chest. Congestion in the chest also occurs due to the sticky mucous making things much more difficult. In serious conditions supportive breathing arrangements need to be provided by means of oxygen cylinders.
As everybody knows asthma affects lungs and creates trouble in smooth breathing. Chronic Asthma demands immediate attention of the doctor. However, you could rely on some of the natural home remedies if you are looking for a long-term relief. Buteyko breathing technique is the one of the most effective breathing techniques available for the asthma patients. This technique is based on shallow breathing to increase the amount of carbon dioxide in the blood, as carbon dioxide is believed to make the breathing easier. This technique is considered to be better than pranayama and placebo.