Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by inflammation of muscles, tendons and joints. The fibromyalgic tissues pain a lot and turn stiff and tender. The pain may be quite disabling, inhibiting movement in day to day life. But fibromyalgia is otherwise harmless for it does not cause any kind of body damage or deformity. Women are more affected by fibromyalgia than men. Patients with fibromyalgia are increasingly sensitive to external sensory stimuli that trigger pain. The pain occurs all over the body, but is heightened at the tender pressure points. Neck, shoulder, arms, chest, hip, buttocks, either side of breast bone and knee are usually affected by pain. Apart from pain, the other symptoms of fibromyalgia include stiffness, tingling or numbness, fatigue, depression, anxiety, weakness, nausea, sleep problems, gastrointestinal disorders and urinary problem. The causes of fibromyalgia may be listed as follows:
2. Growth hormone secretion deficiency
5. Elevated levels of substance P in brain
6. Problems with Dopamine secretion
7. Issues related to serotonin metabolism
8. Unhealthy diet
10. Psychological distress
11. Inadequate sleep
12. Cold, rainy weather.
Home Remedies for Fibromyalgia
1. Mix 3-4 cups of Epsom salt in warm bath water and take bath with it. This soothes aching muscles.
2. Mix 1 teaspoon of grated ginger in 8 ounce of hot water and keep for 10 minutes. Strain and add honey for taste. Take the mixture. It alleviates pain effectively.
3. Add 2 teaspoon lemon juice and honey to a glass of water and take the solution. This eases painful situation.
4. Mix 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric powder in glassful water and take thrice a day to get relief from fibromyalgia pain.
5. Cook 10-12 ripe cherries in a mixture of 2 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoon jiggery for some time. Let it cool. Take the mixture frequently throughout the day. This relieves muscular pain.
6. Cook 4-5 tablespoons of oatmeal in milk. Add cherries and jiggery and cook thoroughly. Take the mixture 2-3 times a day. This reduces body ache.
7. Cranberry or radish juice is very effective in lessening fibromyalgia pain.
8. Boil 8-10 papaya seeds in glassful water. Cool and strain and take the mixture thrice regularly.
9. Cook 2-3 brinjals on fire, add 3 drops of castor oil, some cumin seeds, garlic and chopped coriander leaves. Take it 1-2 times daily. This is an effective home remedy for fibromyalgia.
10. Take coconut water and coconut milk in plenty. This treats fibromyalgia effectively.
11. Vegetable juices are very helpful in curing fibromyalgia.
12. Massage body with a mixture of kerosene and olive oil to get rid of pain.
13. Application of warm vinegar on painful areas relieves pain.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
Unfortunately, medical researchers are not clear as to what causes fibromyalgia. Some believe it is nothing more that a psychological condition; a physical examination usually reveals nothing out of the ordinary. It has been associated with rheumatoid arthritis as well as lupus, both of which are inflammatory conditions.
I am a positive thought author. My life is all about living life through positive thought but not only that, I have Fibromyalgia. Now you would never think that someone with this crazy chronic illness could ever be someone who all day long talks about how to be positive no matter what the situation. But it is what I do with Fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia is associated with the pain in the muscles, tendons and ligaments. The syndrome of fibromyalgia is related with arthritis. Usually it is characterized by generalized or widespread tenderness, muscular pain and fatigue. As fibromyalgia is a set of symptoms and signs which occur together, so it is considered as syndrome. It is a condition in which there is a stiffness and pain around the joints as well as in bone and muscles. Fibromyalgia is not associated with any inflammation. Usually fibromyalgia is not considered to be a type of arthritis but it is related with a form of soft-tissue rheumatism.
in Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue