The problem of Acid Reflux is known by heartache, acidic pain as well as heartburn. It is also popular by the name of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). This condition is related with many symptoms which are similar to heart burn. In severe cases of GERD, a person may suffer from the problem of esophageal cancer. In some people the problem of Acid Reflux is without heart burn and in that case a person may suffer from the symptoms of chest pain, wheezing, coarseness in the throat, a bitter taste in the mouth, dry coughing, interrupted sleep, halitosis or bad breath, tightness in the throat as well as breathing problems also.
Some of the important causes of heartburn are stress, intake of excess alcohol, drinking lots of carbonated beverages like soda, due to some diseases which weaken the esophageal muscle, smoking, slower emptying of the stomach, some antidepressants and sedatives, elevated hormone levels during the period of pregnancy, intake of large meals, frequently intake of fried, greasy and fatty foods, eating before going to bed etc.
You can treat this heartburn by using lots of home remedies for Acid Reflux. These home remedies for Acid Reflux are effective in preventing as well as eliminating the problem. Some of the important home remedies for Acid Reflux are:
1. Reduce the intake of tea as it is very harmful for the patients suffering from heartburn.
2. You should take the juice of carrot regularly as it is very effective in treating the acidosis.
3. You should increase the intake of banana and that too with sugar and cardamom powder. It is a beneficial home remedy for Acid Reflux.
4. Intake of potato is very much effective in treating acidity as potato is a natural alkaline. It restricts acidity as it contains potassium salt. So if you are suffering from the problem of heartburn then you should take regular potato with your meals. You can also take roasted or boiled potatoes.
5. You can also take a hot glass of water with lemon at least 45 minutes before your meal. It is very effective home remedy for acid reflux as it is helpful in the process of digestion. The potassium present in lemon is very much helpful in neutralizing the acid.
6. Frequent intake of cold milk is also very much effective. You can also drink the milk of raw coconuts.
7. Try to avoid eating foods whereas increase the intake of juices like lemon, orange, pineapple, carrot, cucumber etc.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Acid Reflux GERD
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
Dyspepsia or indigestion is a common health issue reported in healthcare centers. Symptoms shown as a result of indigestion problems vary from one person to another. Bloating, nausea and burning sensation are some among the common symptoms shown as a result of indigestion problems. Herbozyme capsule is one of the best supplements to treat digestive disorders naturally. It helps to prevent acidity in a safe and healthy manner.
Acid reflux, acidity or heart burn is caused due to the presence of excessive acid in the stomach which causes irritation of the gastrointestinal covering. This problem results into a burning pain. Heartburn is the most common symptom of gastro-esophageal reflux. If this problem is not treated properly and in time then it may even take the life of the patient.
Acid reflux disease treatment is different for many individuals. Acid reflux remedies come in naturopathic, GERD a natural treatment, and pharmaceutical forms. I always go the natural remedy and alter my life style before EVER considering a drug. Getting rid of acid reflux can have dangerous effects. The long term effects of the drugs you see advertised for gerd and gastric acid reflux have not been realized. Yet, many "wonder drugs" are used on people to test their results---only to be taken off the market in a year or two. And have you noticed the HUGE list of side effects that are presently known? YIKES! No thank you, I'll take a GERD natural treatment any day.
in Acid Reflux GERD