The term 'menopause' is used to define the permanent cessation or pause of the primary functions of the ovaries in a woman's body. The primary functions of the ovaries include ripening and release of ova or egg and also the production of female hormones that aid in thickening the uterine lining in order to welcome an expected pregnancy and the subsequent shedding of the uterine lining in the form of menses. Thus when menopause occurs, a woman no longer gets her menses every month. Menopause marks the end of a woman's reproductive or fertile phase. This transition from fertility to infertility is not abrupt but gradual.
Menopause is an inevitable change which every woman is ought to experience once she reaches her midlife (i.e. late 40's or early 50's). Menopause, in other words, indicates the natural aging of the woman's body. However women suffering from functional diseases of the reproductive system such as endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, cancer etc may undergo premature menopause. Also if the ovaries are removed, the woman undergoes surgical premature menopause. Apart from the above, the other factors contributing to early menopause are cigarette smoking, higher body mass index, chemotherapy and radiation.
Many women feel that menopause is the end of their womanhood. This feeling causes them to enter in to a state of depression and emotional upheaval. The other symptoms of menopause could be irregular menses, excessive bleeding, hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal tightness, vaginal dryness, breast tenderness, atrophy of genitourinary tissue, stress, forgetfulness, mood swings etc. Post-menopausal women are also at the risk of developing osteoporosis or heart disease.
Home Remedies for Menopause
1. Drink glassful beet root juice every day and also include beet in salads. This is helpful in treating menopause conditions.
2. Consume linseed to get rid of menopause complications.
3. Consume roasted sunflower seeds to eliminate menopause complications.
4. Boil some carrot seeds in 1 glass milk. Drink milk along with the seeds regularly. This is an effective home remedy for menopause.
5. Soy foods should be consumed in plenty for they increase estrogen production, regulate cholesterol and enhance bone density. Thus they are best for menopause conditions.
6. Mix equal parts of almond oil and geranium oil and apply on vaginal portion. This reduces pain and softens the area.
7. Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to alleviate vaginal dryness.
8. Take 1-2 tablespoons of powdered licorice root. This helps to accelerate the declining estrogen levels.
9. Consume Indian spikenards in a dosage of 2 grams daily to alleviate menopause symptoms.
10. Consume Indian ginseng to get cured of menopausal insomnia and mood changes.
11. Garlic cloves also serve as an effective menopause home cure.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Menopause
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
Hot flash is the burning sensation that produced on skin when blood vessel in and around the skin are being dilated. As a result of this, face of a person becomes red and some of them even perspire to cool their body. The actual cause of hot flash is not known, but it is mainly experienced during menopause and generally stays around for a couple of weeks; however, the duration may vary from person to person.
Menopause is something that occurs to women naturally and it is one such thing that cannot be avoided in a women's life. To overcome this unavoidable life change effects, women should find an effective treatment. A natural way treatment is always considered the best and effective treatment because it will prevent you from various kinds of side effects due to intake of medicines. For a long time, people thought of HRT (Hormonal replacement Therapy) as a natural treatment process but lately that it is causing side effects like breast cancer and heart diseases and it is no longer a prescribed treatment for menopause.
When you're looking for a menopause treatment, the preferred treatment would take care of more than one symptom at a time. You don't want to be taking one treatment for one menopause symptom (like hot flashes), then have to take another for menopause weight gain. Well, we read your mind and that's why we're doing these Amberen reviews.