Self defense tips for women. Are you at risk? What makes a woman a perfect target? Here are 7 ultimate techniques and weaknesses criminals who were interviewed look for to take advantage of you. These tips aren't just for the busy holidays either. It's all about keeping your awareness all year round. Follow these tips and you can protect yourself from becoming one of this year's next statistics.
1. Coming up to my vehicle, did I look around - aware of who is near it? Am I walking my packages in a cart or carrying them in my hand? Criminals interviewed say they want to attack the woman who is walking alone and not aware of her surroundings. Always put shopping bags in a cart. This allows you ample time to react if someone is approaching you. If you're carrying bags, this renders your hands useless to protect yourself and gives a criminal a bonus. Remember... the buddy system. Late night shopping always needs to be a 'girl's night out' affair.
2. Are my keys already in my hand before leaving the store giving me self defense protection? Again, awareness plays a huge part. Also, with a key in hand, it can be a terrific weapon if you're suddenly grabbed.
3. Am I talking on the cell phone ...fixing my hair... counting my change... writing in the checkbook...and not paying attention? Paying attention is the key. Take care of all that 'stuff' in the store. NOT in the parking lot, or outside of the vehicle.
4. Is there anyone loitering around my vehicle... if so... are they suspicious enough to making me go back into the store? Don't think your being silly. NO SUCH THING. Especially when your safety is on the line. If you're not comfortable with walking to your car, ask security to accompany you or if there isn't security available, a store manager will do it - it is their job. That's what they are getting paid to do.
5. Is my vehicle in a well-lit area? Is it easily visible to passer-bys? If I can't see my car really well, who can? Criminals say they do not want to be noticed, recognized, or slowed down in any way. If you're not easily seen by others at a mall or store, that makes you a perfect target for a criminal.
6. If I have automatic keyless entry, did I hit the unlock button twice ... making it easy for someone to get into my passenger side door? Get into the habit of opening just your driver's side door. New technology is wonderful when you're with others, loading packages, during the day. But, at night when your field of vision is limited, don't take any chances. Criminals are hoping that you'll make their job easier for them.
7. If I am approached by someone - no matter how much help I need, it's OK to turn them down. Remember, criminals will do and say anything they can to gain your trust. DON"T FALL FOR IT!!! If a stranger wants to help you with your bags, tell them no, thank you. If they still insist, tell them no again. Criminal interviews revealed that they will try to play on a victim heartstrings to get access to the vehicle, a purse, or for the vehicle keys - and move-in for the attack when trust is gained and it's at least expected.
If you are unable to load packages into your vehicle, ask help from the store - they would be glad to help. It's their job.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Women Interests And Issues
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
Of every four women that go to college, one will be sexually attacked. Isolated from their safe home environment, young women can be victims of assault, theft and rape. Late night study hours can make them more vulnerable to attack as they move from study hall to the library or a restaurant.
The current age of retirement for women in the UK is 60, whereas the current retirement age for men is 65. However, the retirement age limit increased from 2010, so that by 2020, it will be 66 years. A study shows that 26 per cent of women retiring this year will have an annual income of less than 10,000 pounds when they stop working. On the other hand, only 12 per cent of men retiring this year will have to live on less than 10,000 pounds in a year.
Summer is coming up. It is a season that people will spend more time outdoors during such as travelling to the beach and picnic with friends or families. There are many interesting parties will occur in summer. Lots of girls try to lose weight before summer comes so as to look much beautiful or slimmer in summer dress. However, losing weight is really a tough thing. Though more and more people agree that confidence will make them look much more beautiful, jimpness is still part of a woman's life.
in Women Interests And Issues