Like any piece of al fresco sports' wear, snowboarding pants serves one main purpose and that is to ensure your protection from injury, weather conditions, and any other external force. There is generally an accepted method to maintain your core temperature and prevent you from cooling off easily and this is known as the Three Layer System. This system is composed of a base layer, an insulation layer and an outer shell. The base layer is the only layer directly in contact with your skin and its sole purpose is to turn the moisture away from the skin. On top of the base layer lies the insulation layer which is also intended to get rid of moisture away from the body but its more important function is to insulate your body by confining your body heat. The outer shell is the layer directly exposed to the environment. It is expected to be waterproof, windproof and has also a breathable outlet for moisture.
Most snowboarding pants combine 2 or contain all the 3 layers in one piece. Most will also have waterproofing, a thin outer shell, and an efficient insulation layer.. During warmer conditions, you have the option to wear only the snowboarding pants. Meanwhile, when the weather turns colder, you can add a base layer bottom beneath your snowboarding pants. However, when the weather goes extremely cold, have the liberty to wear all three layers while wearing a layer of extra insulation between the base layer of your bottoms and your snowboarding pants.
Before buying your snowboarding pants, consider these tips.
- Never make the mistake of wearing normal pants for snowboarding. You really need to buy your snowboarding pants especially if you are just a beginner. Remember that if you are a neophyte, you are most likely to be the one stumbling most of the time on your knees or on your behind. Hence, if you happen to be wearing casual jeans then the ice will melt every time you fall on the snow and you will eventually get soaked and cold. This is not a good way to learn.
- Although you can use ski pants as an alternative when you don't have a snowboarding pants yet, it will not allow you to do the movements that you can normally do using a snowboard pants. Unlike the snowboard pants, ski pants are not intended for tricks like aerial spins or jumps. So unless you only want to do what a skier does, stick to the ski pants. So when you're buying a snowboard pants, look for one that does not pinch in the crotch area or one that has enough room for you to do your tricks.
- You need to anticipate a few rough falls. So, one important aspect that you need to look for snowboarding pants is extra padding especially on the knee and buttocks area since these are the parts that commonly catch your plunges. Having extra padding will not give you enough protection to minimize the chance of any injury plus the possibility of getting your pants damaged thus losing their waterproof capacity.
- Go for quality and not for the price. You want enough protection and durability. Don't go for cheap pants that will be ripped off after a day of practice. If you want to be a pro, get yourself the right snowboarding pants that will last you until you become one.
- Choose function over fashion. Although it's good to be noticed for your cool clothes, it's a lot better to be to be wearing something that gives you adequate protection and provides you with great comfort.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Snowboarding
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
The beginnings involving snowboarding are very questionable though it's original advent wasn't a great success. At the outset owing to phobia of this different supposedly extreme sport the vast majority of ski resorts ostracized the sport. Today, the story is really different. Snowboarding is now one of the fastest growing (and unquestionably one of the most exciting) sports.
Many people ask me from time to time why I choose snowboarding as the sport that I wanted to do. Why I choose to work so hard at it, and why I managed to achieve a degree of success in doing so. The answer is simple, and it is the reason why many people do well at different sports. The answer is desire and love for the sport and that is what I had in abundance for snowboarding, before my accident.
OK so have you ever been on a snowboarding holiday? If so, then you must have enjoyed yourself. The thing about Snow Boarding is that absolutely everybody can enjoy it regardless of their ability. When I first went on a snow boarding holiday it was with my friends and they had all been snow boarding already.