Trampolines are safe for recreational use under proper adult guidance and supervision. Trampolines should be used in accordance with the prescribed trampoline safety rules and guidelines.
Mentioned below are some safety precautions for trampolines which can help prevent serious trampoline injuries -
- Do not attempt somersaults. Serious injuries, paralysis or death may result.
- Do not allow more than one person on the trampoline at a time. Most accidents occur when two or more use the trampoline at the same time.
- Do not jump without mature, knowledgeable supervision, or without "spotters"
- To prevent access to the trampoline by toddlers, or the infirm; Do not allow the use of a ladder or step stool to mount / dismount the trampoline.
- Climb on and climb off the trampoline. Do not jump from trampoline to the ground as serious injuries may occur.
- Do not use trampoline when under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other medication.
- Do not jump without the permission and knowledge of owner.
- Do not use the trampoline as a springboard to another object or surface.
- Do not wear jewelry while jumping. Remove sharp objects from pockets.
- Inspect for worn or missing parts before jumping is allowed.
- Respect your physical limitations. Do not jump if you are pregnant, or have circulatory ailments. Do not jump if you tired or short of breath.
- Focus your eyes on the edge of the trampoline. This will help keep your balance adjusted to the center of the mat.
- Avoid bouncing too high. To stop your bounce, flex or bend your knees as your feet come in contact with the trampoline.
- Keep objects away that could interfere with jumper.
- Place trampoline on a level surface. Do not place on concrete, asphalt, compacted day or other hard surfaces.
- Weight limitation is 200 lbs.
- For further information on equipment, contact the manufacturer.
- For skills training information, contact a trainer certification organization
So, never let a child use a trampoline without adult supervision and never let more than one person jump at a time. Following the trampoline rules and safety guidelines will offer you and your family a whole new world of fun and healthy exercise.
Where can I find more information on trampoline safety?
Trampoline Pro Shop
1321 East Franklin Street
Hartwell, GA 30643
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Trampoline
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
The best way to install a trampoline is to make sure you lay everything out the way it should look. First make sure you have adequate spacing for your trampoline. Measure the yard and make sure there is at least 3-4 feet on each side. If there are any brushes or trees in the way make sure they are all cut and cleared by the time your trampoline arrives. Also make sure your yard is nice, flat and level. It is absolutely fine to put your trampoline on grass. Lots of consumers think that putting a trampoline on grass will kill the grass down below.
In recent time trampoline is an excellent medium of enjoyments for the entire family. Trampoline is an activity everyone can enjoy and participate, regardless of their age. Moreover, a trampoline is a good form of physical exercise. In global market there are a various types of trampoline available. It is avail in different size and shapes. People can purchase it their own choice. Because it is not an investment of amount of money but it is also for a good exercise.
Besides the fact that trampolines are the attention getter at any backyard event and that it's a super fun toy to have as a kid and also with the number of different research it has been established that jumping on trampoline can improve health so there are now a day's numerous trampoline exercise program that people could adapt and learn for fitness purpose. Trampolines ensure physical fitness, cardio burn, and stamina buildup when regularly used.