Transient ischemic attack can be described as mini stroke or warning stroke that generates symptoms similar to that of stroke. Well unlike the symptoms of stroke which at times tend to continue even post the stroke, the Transient ischemic attack does not leave any permanent damage. Identifying the symptoms of TIA and starting the treatment in the initial stage can lower down the risk of a major stroke.
Not all the strokes are predated by TIA. On the other hand, individual who have suffered from one or more TIA are at higher risk for stroke. Age and sex are no barriers for TIA. Mostly, TIA is important for predicting the arrival of stroke. In most of the cases, stroke takes place within one year of the occurrence of TIA. Numerous factors contribute for provoking the symptoms of TIA. Generally, it is caused due to temporary blood clots in the arteries. Even the insufficient supply of blood, nutrients, and oxygen to brain cells may form blood clots in brain. The symptoms of transient ischemic attack appear quickly and last comparatively for shorter period. Usually TIA's does not last for even five minutes. Minimally, it last for one minute. As, we mentioned earlier, TIA does not leave any permanent disability with the person. An individual who have experienced stroke usually are left with permanent injuries.
The symptoms of TIA should be recognized at very early stage. The common symptoms of TIA are very much similar to those of stroke. The symptoms of TIA are as follows:
- Frequent numbness or tingling in the feet or hands
- Extreme weakness in facial muscles
- Difficulty in walking
- Continuous dizziness
- Imbalance or lack of coordination between hands and feet
- Severe headache
- Trouble in speaking or apprehending
Do not ignore these symptoms and immediately seek for medical attention. Transient ischemic attacks can also be prevented with simple measures. In this article we will also deal with simple measures to prevent TIA symptoms:
- Quit smoking: Smoking increases the chance of TIA or a stroke. It affects your lungs and blood circulation process.
- Control your cholesterol: Cut down the intake of saturated fat oriented food items as; they increase the level of LDL cholesterol.
- Include veggies and fruits: Include ample of fresh green leafy veggies and fruits in your daily diet. These food items are excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
- Restrict the intake of sodium: Individuals suffering from high blood pressure problem should cut down the intake of sodium in their diet.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise will keep you away from numerous ailments such as hypertension, diabetes, and cardiovascular disorders.
- Reduce alcohol: Reduce the consumption of alcohol and opt for natural refreshing drinks.
- Control weight: Overweight is a serious problem that results in several life-threatening diseases.
- Do not use drugs: Stay away from harmful drugs such as cocaine and ganja. Using these drugs will increase the risk of TIA and stroke.
- Control diabetes: Diabetes is not curable, but can be controlled and managed. If neglected, diabetes can be a severe problem.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Disease And Conditions
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
Acidity and acid pain is one of the commonest health related search terms on internet and many suffer from such kind of condition where the person feels symptoms such as pain, nausea, sensation of vomiting, chest pain, heartburn, sore throat, asthma, excess saliva and acid refluxes Herbozyme capsule is one of the natural remedies to reduce acidity. It helps to improve functioning of digestive system without side effects.
Leaky gut, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, poor metabolism, fatigue, uneasiness, abdominal pain, heartburn, acid reflux, ulcers and other bowel problems are caused due to poor digestion functions in body. Study indicates at least 40 percent of people suffer from gut problems one time and most of the symptoms of the problem are taken for granted. Herbozyme capsule is one of the natural methods to improve digestion process. It improves absorption of nutrients into the body for better health.
Tuberculosis (TB) is a very common infection in India that is also very contagious. When an infected person sneezes or coughs, air particles containing the TB bacteria can easily spread and each infected person can further infect up to another 10 people each year. According to WHO, India accounts for about 20% of the global TB cases. Each year, about 2 million people in India develop TB, and over 300,000 die because of it.
in Disease And Conditions