What is Social Bookmarking?
You may think the phrase social bookmarking is completely new to you; however, there's a change you've already used social bookmarking and just didn't realize that's what you were doing. Have you ever been on a website that was so interesting, you just had to send the link to it to a friend or family member? If so, you were doing social bookmarking.
Any time you "tag" a website and save it for later, you're participating in social bookmarking. A tag is a keyword used to describe a website or specific article. Rather than saving the link in your browser (like with internet history), you're saving it on the web where it can be shared with others.
How Social Bookmarking Can Help You
Social bookmarking sites offer you so many possibilities on the web and are described in so many ways, but the way I most like to refer to them is intelligent search engines. If you're looking for something on a social bookmarking site, all you have to do is type what you're looking for in the searching tool and tags or links will pop up for you.
Whether you're on the internet for work or just browsing for fun, you're going to find a lot of websites that are interesting and worth sharing with friends and family members. You could always call them up and very slowly read the entire web address to them (and hope they get each letter correctly), but that would take forever.
You could always send the link to their email address. However, if your friend is not someone that checks their email regularly, they're not going to get your link as soon as you'd like. However, many people use social bookmarking sites. By posting your link on any one of many social bookmarking sites, it can be easily shared by your friends, family members or anyone on the web.
Social bookmarking is a great way to get in some real advertising as well. Few things are more difficult than getting traffic to a new website. However, with the right tags, millions of people can see your link, whether it's for pleasure or business.
Why Social Bookmarking is a True Success Story
Social bookmarking has become a true success story that combines the ability to collaborate online with the knowledge of millions and the social dimension of the ever changing Internet. The World Wide Web is far too large and vast to ever allow individuals to find everything they're looking for on their own. Along comes the search engine to help them.
However, as efficient as the search engines may be for finding something, they can often add hours on to the search process, especially if the correct keywords are not used in the search. Social bookmarking is so unique because it brings the human touch into the equation. They say the Internet has billions of websites. It also has billions of users and many of these users are sharing the sites they view with others. This is what social bookmarking is all about.
Have you ever found a joke or funny story online that you wanted to share with others but didn't feel like emailing it? Social bookmarking makes this possible. Say you read an interesting story about Brett Favre and you want to share it with your friends at work. If you're not a member of a social bookmarking site, the first thing you'll want to do is join one of the many available.
Press release plays a significant role in search engine optimization field. They help in building a rising sales structure of an organization. Businesses of all type and size, like custom application development or other software product development business like development of software associated with warehousing management and so on, are now more focused on getting the visibility and online exposure worldwide.
They can be treated as the one of the way of making online publicity of product or a brand, which in turns, attracts more and more customers and help in building a good rapport. By making press release submissions, the visibility of keywords increases in search engine result pages (SERPs). Apart from this, there are few other benefits which make 'Press Release' a powerful tool.
Benefits of press release submission:
1. As mentioned in the above statement, 'Press releases' helps in improving the sites appearance on SERPs. But, this can only be achieved by proper usage of keywords and embedded links in the body of a release.
2. Keywords get ranked easily in different news domains like Google news, Yahoo news.
3. It helps in increasing brand creditability by introducing the site and products to new users.
4. Amount of rich and quality backlinks from other websites will also be increased by submitting a press release.
5. Media coverage is gained by a press release submission. A submitted PR reaches to different newsrooms and media people.
These are some of the major benefits a submitted press release can give to an organization. But, to gain advantage of all these benefits, the most important part is 'Writing of a press release'. Writing a press release is not an easy task. It is not a cup of tea for everyone. Many things need to be considered before proceeding up with the writing of a release. There are five main elements of a press release. These are:
1. Title: The title should not be more than 100 characters. Try to include targeted keyword in the title element.
2. Summary: Ideal summary length of a press release should not be of more than 250 characters. 1-2 keyword phrases can be taken into summary of a press release.
3. Body: This is the main part and should be written in third person. The body of a press release should be content worthy. It should have a unique content related to the news category. The length of the body element should be of approximately 300-350 characters.
4. Company information: Here the company's brief and highlighted information need to be specified along with a linking text. This should also be written in third person.
5. Contact details: Contact details of a relevant person as designated by the company should be provided along with company's complete address, phone number, website address and the contactable e-mail id. (Most preferable is the usage of the e-mail id associated with the domain of that particular company).
In short, we can say, a press release can only become effective if and only if these guidelines are followed by an organization. It will surely help in capturing the general interest of the targeted audience.
Artice Source: http://www.articlesphere.com
Related Articles in Internet Marketing
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below:
Customer reviews form an integral part of the promotion of any online business. Customer reviews actually form a part of word-of-mouth advertising as the consumers offer information to other consumers. Usually, the majority of the companies spend lots of time as well as money on online marketing and sales campaign for the promotion of their brand while customer reviews, the most powerful tool of advertising requires no investment.
Social media is one of the most influential tools to market your business. Using it correctly will immensely strengthen your business as a whole, but you will also make a deeper connection with customers. With the endless amounts of social media services there are many ways to promote your company, however not all of them are effective.
in Internet Marketing